Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sand surfing y Dune buggy-ing ---> ¡Qué divertido!

Huacachina. I must admit that before I got to Lima I had not heard of this and when everyone around kept throwing this buzzword around I felt that I just had to get with the program. 

It's a bit weird of course that I travelled all the way to the other side of the world to go sand boarding and on dune buggys. One thing I can say for sure is that I've been on a desert safari plenty of times and NEVER, NEVER have I ever had such a fantastic time. The thrill, adrenalin, fear, anxiety, ability to push myself beyond what I had initially set as physical boundaries left me both in shock and awe! 

Anyone planning to being close to Lima, it's a must do. You'd want to travel Cruz del Sur from wherever you are as it is the safest and rather luxurious way to travel for tourists. 

Also, you might want to stay at Banana or Desert Adventures right at the Huacachina oasis or Hotel Ollanta in Ica (a 5-7 minute and 5 PEN taxi ride away). The buggy experience along with sandboards and plenty of thrills, more than I can relay here all for just 30 PEN. All in all a crazy bargain for an afternoon you'd probably never forget.

P.S.- You want to go with friends to have a fantastic time and scream like absolute maniacs to enjoy it to the fullest :)


No comments:

Post a Comment