Sunday, August 4, 2013

Divino Jesus- INABIF

On day 1, at Orientation we were taken to the various places we could be working at to have a look, meet the people and get a general feel of what we'd like to do over our time in Lima. It was quite refreshing that we were able to make our own schedules and volunteer at more than one place if we wanted to.

We had the wonderful opportunity of sharing some priceless moment with the special needs children at Semillitas, the older orphans at San Antonio and Esperanza and the 0-4 year olds at Divino Jesus. We were also really glad to be taken to La Punta which is a women's shelter (halfway house) for young women. 


Divino was something else, we walked in and instantly a whole bunch of us felt this certain pull and energy that made us all get down to business and say hey! this is where I'll be and I'll fight you for it.


Luckily we were all able to accommodate ourselves into the schedule with precision and have the time with the kids there as we wanted.


I will never forget my kids from A3, who melted my heart from the word "GO", by screaming out with love and unconditional affection "MAMA". The smiles, hugs and love I got from each one of them has made me decide that I'm now on a mission to find a rich guy who can help me adopt all 6 of my babies. I had them dance with me, walk all over me (literally), pull at my clothes, play with me, and oh so much more!


Thank you Roberto, Luna, Evelyn, Romina, Moises, Yuri and Wilder for making my heart just that much bigger to ensure you'll always be in it.


I love all of you




No comments:

Post a Comment