Sunday, August 18, 2013

Addicted to Mercado de Inca? Si Si Si

So, for those with a penchant for good deals, the Inca market is just such an addiction that I'd turn into a betting lady if anyone said they could go to it, or even past it and not buy something. 

It's never really about what you want or need, it's just everything is so beautiful, colourful and different from our everyday lives that it's hard not to be tempted to pick up something.

My first time was going to be easy, ok so I just need a couple of dressy scarves and then we're done. 


But hey, look at those gorgeous baby alpaca sweaters, and those colorful, light and breezy drawstring pants. OK- fine I might need them so it's not a crazy purchase. But as I'm walking out, heyyy why not pick up some hobo gloves, a few bracelets, rings, earrings, a 'Pisco Sour' apron and matching oven mitts, a pipe, a backpack, crazy ass boots and some hairbands. 

Phew- are you tired reading this, can you imagine what I felt everytime I stepped out and said 'No- this time is different, I'm only taking some new volunteers to show them where it's at and help them with prices but no way no no way I'm buying anything' Yeah right, we all know how that worked out.

So, for those of you who are in Lima, you want to check out Avenida Petit Thouars in Miraflores or Avenida La Mar in San Miguel for everything Inca. 




No comments:

Post a Comment