Monday, August 12, 2013

My babies at Divino

When I first got placed at Divino Jesus in Pueblo Libre- Lima, I didnt have any expectations of my time there with the kids and had no inkling of what amazing bonds I would form. 

I walked in on my first day to 7 amazing kids aged 1.5-2 years and they had just woken up and waiting for their 'mama' to get them cleaned up and smelling like 'baby'. 

As I peeked in, I saw two faces pop out at me with the widest and most cheerful smiles I've ever seen. I walked in not sure what was to follow and as they all saw me they started screaming out 'Mama! Mama!'. I am not one to cry, but at that point my heart just melted and my eyes welled up with amazement at their unconditional love and welcoming spirit to an absolute stranger.

It's really difficult to say which one I love more, but I am slightly partial to Romina who I think has the naughtiest glint in her eyes, she's a tough cookie and is smart as hell.


Roberto- Mr. Cheeks, has no neck, his cheeks are practically attached to his chest. What an adorable kid, always giggling and happy to play


Moises, Wilder, Luna, Yuri and Evelyn were all absolutely amazing too. I will never forget Evelyn as she was the first one to welcome me with open arms and dance around holding my hands. Wilder has eyes that tell you he is up to a whole bunch of mischief but his smile makes you forgive just about anything he might do. Yuri is self sufficient and never asks for much, until you try to change his Music/DVD routine and then you'll have a murderous scream that would riot most alarms. Moises is an absolute darling, who unfortunately suffers from Down Syndrome and therefore needs special attention, but such a quiet and sweet little boy. 


Luna, the golden haired, green eyed little angel who wants everything anyone has and everything is always 'Mio!'. Her smile would melt a rock without a doubt. 


All these kids are up for adoption (from what I understand except Roberto who has found a wonderful home) and if I were to be that blessed at some point would absolutely return and take all of them home with me.


They taught me what it was to receive absolutely unconditional love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment