Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Paragliding in Miraflores- FAIL

After finally winning my internal struggle of 'Should I?' 'Shouldn't I?' with regards to paragliding, finally I gave to the temptation.Got my head screwed on right, my paragliding shoes on and the will to jump off a cliff. 

We (no less than 8 of us loco people) head over to Miraflores armed with big wide smiles as if we were going to achieve the greatest thing in the land, walk over to Parque del Amor and the shiny oh so very inviting paragliding stand and get told 'You're too late, we're wrapping up for the day'. There goes our smiley shiny faces but heck, we take it in and decide to drown our sorrows in good old comfort food. Powdered sugar coated fresh Churros with a decadent cuppa melted chocolate anyone?

You think we'd have given up by now, but heck no. We're made of the good stuff, the strong stuff, the stuff that aint going away for nothing. So once again a couple of days later, we make it over in no less than 2 taxis at 30 minutes of a drive each and no prizes for guessing- we didn't get to go paragliding. Why you ask? Hmm.... not enough wind... it seemed the God's of wind wanted me very badly to only paraglide over Sacred Valley while in Cuzco and enjoy the unparalleled views of nature's most stunning work.

So, here's having my fingers crossed for a successful outing in Cuzco.




No comments:

Post a Comment